Reclamation / Reconsignment
If you wish to exchange an item or order, please note the following details and processes. Our staff work within strict guidelines and predefined working protocols which guarantee optimal customer service. For this reason, we ask you - in your own interest as well - to adhere to our guidelines in order to ensure a resolution as quickly as possible.
Notes about damage in transit
- In order to exchange an item damaged in transit quickly and accurately, please note the following:
- Always check that the package is in sound condition in the presence of the delivery person.
- Please document any damages in writing and inform the package courier service.
- Please also inform us of the transport damage in writing within seven days of receiving the item. You can do this by post, fax or e-mail.
- However, do not send the damaged item back to us.
We will take care of the rest, and will contact the courier service. If necessary, the courier service will pick up the damaged package from you at a later date.
Please note that we cannot prematurely exchange any items which need to be sent back to the manufacturer (generally, and above all with pumps), as in such cases we invariably need to wait for a response from the manufacturer.
As a quick, temporary solution, we can only offer to price the product again and send you a second, new device at the normal price. If the manufacturer then recognizes the defect, we will transfer a credit note at the corresponding newly evaluated price (minus delivery fees) back to you. However, we cannot offer a credit note
- if the manufacturer rejects the exchange (such as due to personal negligence, improper use, handling by a non-professional, etc.) or
- repairs the affected item and returns it to us. In this case, we would send you the repaired original item, and you would then own two of the product.
Please note the following guidelines regarding exchanges
It is always in our best interest to solve problems as quickly and efficiently as possible. That is why it is always best to get in contact with us first and send us an email. Please include your name and the invoice number in the subject line. Many questions can be answered right then and there, without having to go through the time-consuming exchange process.
Our experience has shown that
- purely aesthetic changes (such as discolouration on hoses) does not constitute grounds for an exchange,
- as changes perceived as “damages” are often not damages at all, but technical, purposeful innovations (such as curved metal components) or
- in occasional cases can be refused an exchange due to the value of the goods being too small. This is generally only possible if the damage or the missent goods can be cleared up satisfactorily - in order to ensure this, please take a descriptive photo and describe how the damages occurred. Please include the corresponding invoice in the photo as well.
Some manufacturers offer direct customer support. In these cases, please contact the manufacturer directly and resolve the exchange with them. If manufacturer support is available, the product description will note this.
Please describe your problem in as much detail as possible. Please also keep a copy of your invoice and save the receipt for your return in your records.
Please send your returns to:
Alphacool International GmbH
Marienberger Str. 1
Upon arrival, we will promptly examine the product. The more detailed your description, the faster we will be able to solve the problem. You will generally receive a notification about the status of your return within five business days. Please refrain from telephone inquiries during this time, as this will only slow the process down. Instead, we will inform you by email as soon as the status of your return changes.
Important notices regarding shipping
- Please use appropriate packaging and padding materials when returning items. Minimal packaging is only adequate for PC shells. All other products should be packed in air cushions, bubble wrap, or similar packing materials - please do not use unsuitable materials such as newspaper.
- The municipal court of Aachen ruled on 23.08.2006, case #10206/06, that sellers are not required to pay increases to transport costs stemming from “shipping paid by recipient”. In such cases we will need to charge you the price difference between this and normal package shipping costs.
Important note regarding returns of used products
In accordance with the Distance Selling Act, you have the right to return used items you have purchased within 14 days of receiving them. However, as we are no longer able to sell the item as new, we can generally only reimburse you for 50% of the original price. Responsibility for details of the refund falls to the appropriate RMA associate.